Saturday, January 31, 2009

Last word on Spain

31st January

We sailed out of beautiful Cadiiz at 8 pm. Linda our cabin stewardess from Guyana came in with dire words of warning and cord to tie up the table and two chairs on our balcony....'and don't untie it!' she admonished me because I had been guilty of doing so on a previous occasion (I wanted to sit out there and thought it was calm enough). 'It's gonna be rough' she continued 'clear all this stuff away.' 'This stuff' was all our bottles of booze which we have collected! Scotch, red wine, Cointreau (pour moi!) and Ouzo, Pastis and Campari for George. We took her advice and stowed them away and she was right, we are rockin'! We all thought we were going into Gibraltar as I mentioned however it has not been spoken of on our tannoy reports so I guess we're on our way to Morocco. We arrive there on Monday and set off almost immediately for Marrakesh for 3 days so shall be off line again then.

For Liam & Katie our coordinates:
Lat: 36 degrees 19.4 N
Lon: 006 degrees 29,97 W
Speed: 13.7 knots
Course: 180 degrees
Time: 22.02 43

George has swallowed the sea sickness pills from the clinic and I am wearing my wrist bands again.

Thank you to both Evelyn and Lisa for messages on my blog...I only just discovered how to pick them up! Thank you both for your good wishes....so far we are having a ball!

I am now going to literally roll into bed with Billy Connolly....I'm reading 'Billy' written by Pamela Stephenson his wife. Another great read....Audrey (Hunter) have you read it?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Maggie,
You have already discovered the magic of SAS. I read ever installment of your blog and living it along with you. I can't wait till you get to Morocco. I've never been ans will appreciate your comments. How many life long learners are there on this voyage?
Best,
Evelyn