Tuesday, January 27, 2009

last word before bed

Tuesday Jan 27th - 10.30 pm

The sea has calmed right down as we approach the coast of Spain. It is cold on our balcony...fresh is the word! We dock tomorrow at 8 am and will be 2 minutes from the centre of town and 1 minute from the railway station which is great for us on Thursday.

We have been lectured to on health and security tonight: watch out for pickpockets, ATM hijackers, drugs dropped into drinks, rogue taxi drvers who will overcharge, don't drink too much and be back on the ship by 1800 hrs Saturday or else! Almost not worth getting off the ship you might think!

Needless to say all this is mainly aimed at the 730 students who will be let loose on Spain. Some are flying to Barcelona , some following the Seville, Cordoba route, some venturing to Granada and some faculty heading over to Gibraltar. We shall be refueling there we have just been told but not allowed ashore, so we shall be forced to gaze at The Rock from the ship. John and I were there many years ago when one of the famous apes tore my head scarf off my head and took off with it giving loud shrieks of triumph! They can be mischievous and bad tempered I remember.

Off to bed because I want to take photos of the sun rise....actually it isn't until about 8.30 am I think. It is so dark when we wake up these mornings as we head into European winter.

I would wish you a good night in Spanish if I could...... I can say however 'Donde esta el bano?'...do you know what that means/ It's a very useful phrase....

No comments: