Monday, January 12, 2009

last night

Almost as many nerves as on a First Night! We are packed; our baggage stands all neat and very black (isn't everyones?!) at the front door. Our apartment looks so cosy, the bed so comfortable, the kitchen so familiar and it's so easy to make a cup of tea or coffee; my friends are only a phone call away, the snow covered trees outside are beautiful......what's happening to me? Visions of the exotic suks of Morocco, the massive sand dunes of Namibia and the familiar bulk of Table Mountain all seem to recede and a slight apprehension and anxiety replaces them. This always happens to me.....it's like standing in the wings on a first night waiting to go on stage and asking myself why I'm not curled up at home reading a good book!

The limousine will pick us up at 2 pm tomorrow and take us to the Doubletree Hotel on the airport strip. we must be at the sirport at 6.30 am for our 9.30 flight to Miami. I'm watching the weather....George mustn't lift anything yet so I've arranged with Air Canada for assistance at the airport and to my amazement George actually agreed! Our baggage is heavy....4 months heavy! We shall have to pay alot for excess baggage.

Never mind we're almost on our way....................Bye!

1 comment:

Evelyn Hannon said...

Bon Voyage! You are off on the adventure of a lifetime. I can vouch for it.
Evelyn