Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inauguration Day

Watched the ceremony live on a huge TV in the Students Union today...very moving to be with all these Americans cheering and clapping around us. What a powerful speech from Obama, Celebration tonight with champagne and red white and blue cake and decorations!

Sat on deck near the pool this afternoon, it was amusing to watch reluctant bikini clad students being called in to a mandatory orientation session....talk about walking like snails to school!

George nervously prepared for his first lectures tomorrow, starting at 8am...he is sound asleep as I write. We have put our clocks and watches forward one hour towards European time.

Sea becoming rather rough but there was good attendance at supper: all wearing our pressure point bracelets and patches...so far so good.

Keep fingers crossed that I get into lectures tomorrow....as you know I take up so little space. By the way my shadow is hardly likely to shrink as I had hoped, the food's too good.

Geeorge told me today with great pride that he has been approved to lead a group into a beautiful park in Vietnam; tropical heat and humidity with lots of hiking. On second thoughts perhaps I in total will shrink....

No comments: