Monday, March 30, 2009

HK today.


After crossing from Kowloon to Hong Kong island on the ferry, George and I have had a lovely day just wandering the streets of Hong Kong and eating Chinese food and another capuccino and latte where we were yesterday. I did more shopping than I have been able to manage up to now because a) there hasn't been time between tours and b) George hates it and rushes out of sight with the money! Today I put my foot down, got my debit card to work finally in an ATM machine and succeeded in forcing G. to stay around whilst I browsed....great fun!

I loved walking in the narrow sky-scraper-shadowed(!) streets. Do you think we could at first find a Chinese restaurant; there were Thai, Indian , short order Western but no Chinese! eventually we saw a menu at the end of a lane and decided to search it out. At the end we found it and we were the only foreigners there, usualy a good sign. however this food was laden with fat, sugar, and more carbs than any we have had so far. Never mind the atmosphere was definitely Chinese....miseable, irritated (with each other mainly and shouting) staff.

We walked down to the ferry and took it back to Kowloon. Here I hope are some photos.....we have just had supper on the dining room deck with a million dollar view of the city of Hong kong lit up as it is every night. See photo above. Can you imagine what you would pay in a restaurant to have a table with that View? I'll publish this before I lose it....I know I'm getting a little paranoid!

No comments: