Thursday, March 19, 2009

At sea continued.


This photo shows the river in Bangkok taken from a boat when we were on our way to see the temples and palace.
I have just listened to an emotional apologia by two American professors (married) of the Vietnam war. It was a little hard to listen to because they became 'choked up' frequently and Dan the husband had alot of ums and ahs in his speech pattern which tended to prolong the lecture. George sometimes has the same problem but works hard to overcome it. Unlike their fellow profs around me in the Union I did find it moving and thought it probably had to be said to remind the students of that other terrible American mistake which was the Vietnam War. Before they are let loose in Vietnam! I remember how I felt about the British Raj

No comments: