Sunday, February 15, 2009

Goodnight from Walvis Bay

Africa does this to me every time; if we weren't heading to Cape Town I wouldn't want to leave! I just love it here. The sea all around, wonderful wild life over and in the sea, utterly breathtaking sunsets two night in a row! We have just walked at least a mile George and I through dock-land and I quite enjoyed it!! We were at the Protea Hotel for drinks and supper and they wouldn't let our unauthorised taxi in to the ship-side when we came home so we had to walk....glad it wasn't midday!

We met two students we know as we neared the ship who had been sky diving all afternoon....MAD! Kit had just phoned her parents to tell them; I gather Dad was jealous and said 'You did it before me!' Apparently you jump attached to an experienced jumper and a photographer who actually lets go first and photographs your jump! Can you imagine....?

Got some good sunset photos if I can get them on to the blog....I'll try. We are in our cool cabin now listening to Mozart's clarinet concerto (for Fiona and John) whilst drinking coffee and iced rooibos.

Am so looking forward to hearing from you all!!!

No comments: