Sunday, February 8, 2009

At sea again, later on Sunday evening,

It has been a lovely warm relaxed day spent on board a ship standing still....staring at the city of Dakkar, Senegal. This afternoon was spent reading in the faculty lounge, eating ice cream outside on deck 7 with Theresa and John and watching all the bathing beauties sunning themselves around the swimming pool ....there is no room for grown ups! I wanted to say to some of them 'Beware the African sun!' but as alot of them come from Arizona and California they're probably going to be OK. I asked the clinic nurse, Joan, what came next after sea sickness and bumps and bruises in rough seas and she said 'Sun burn'.

We always have a drink in the faculty lounge from 5-6 pm and then supper. Tonight I wore short sleeves and shocked everyone with my "breakwater bruises". The top of my right arm is dark indigo and my ribs (which they can't see). It looks frightfully dramatic but of course being on Cumadin, it looks worse than it feels. However I do have ample proof of my flight through our cabin!

Liam and Katie here at last are our coordinates: Just out of Dakkar, Senegal
Time: 21.15
Lat. 13 degrees 55.2 N
Long. 017 degrees 34.7 W
Speed: 25.3 knots
Course: 196 degrees

We arrive in Walvis Bay Namibia on February 14th....!

No comments: