Monday, February 9, 2009

Coordinates for MV Explorer & a wee bit of chat

Date Mon 9th feb
Time: 22.45

Speed: 25.1 knots
Lat: 05 degrees 4.66 N
Long; 013 degrees 10.7 W

Just been having a drink in the faculty bar with the Scottish wife called Maggie of an Italian prof (Sergio). It is almost a relief to speak to another Scot and we get on so well but unfortunately she disembarks at Cape Town and only boarded at Casablanca.

Had a rehearsal tonight and had to balk at having to kneel down! I said if you don't mind me not getting up for the rest of the play I'll do it. Director got the message and I shall stand. Then rushed to the Union to hear a talk by the woman who went to my school in Cape Town and also has worked for Archbishop Desmond Tutu for the past 22 years. He is one of my heroes so it was very interesting for me. He actually did one of the Semester at Sea voyages and loves to come on board but is out of town for our stay in Cape Town unfortunately. He is one of the only South African leaders to say Mugabe must step down.

Off to bed as George has an 8 am class tomorrow so we shall both be up early. The outside air is warm and humid so we have the door to the balcony open. They keep us almost too cool with the constant air conditioning on board.

Thanks to Dia for a lovely long, newsy email....what should I do without you?!

No comments: