Sunday, April 12, 2009

Quiet days

2nd Easter Sunday, April 12th! After crossing the International Date line.

I totally forgot about Easter! Until I received an Easter Card on line from my middle daughter, Tessa, and her family. (Thank you Tess!) So to all of you who do celebrate this festival we wish a very happy Easter.

Sundays on board ship are ordinary working days with lectures, rehearsals and meetings so we tend to lose track of the rest of the world. It is common to hear someone asking 'What day of the week is this?' and there is often a discussion following as to which day it might possibly be!

Today is grey and windy and the roughest seas we have seen since before South Africa. We were so spoiled with our weather in South Africa, Mauritius, India, Vietnam, Hong Kong, China and Japan...with hardly any exception the days have been bright and sunny. Of course there were times when the heat was overwhelming but lately the temperatures have been just right.

I painted the mask I made for the play today and that was fun. It is a mixture of black, white, grey (when they're mushed together) and teel blue highlights. I just hope I can see (without my specs) through the eye slits. As I mentioned before I am striving for anonymity!

George has been busy correcting essays and lecturing while I have lingered with friends over breakfasts, learned lines, read books and rehearsed. What a privilaged life I do lead....

Re the play of The Persians by Aeschylus this message is for Chris. The translation was done by Robert Potter and has been adapted by the director.

To misquote utterly...we shall wind our weaving way like snails to lunch.....

No comments: