Thursday, April 16, 2009

Another day gone by...15th April

Our first performance is over and actually went quite well....I think. Although have only chatted with a fw people who saw it and they were husbands, boyfriends, girlfriends or grandparents! Needless to say they were positive and generous.

Thank you so much to those who wished me break a leg I felt very supported and close to family and friends. You know it's a short play and my part's not huge...why do I always take theatre so seriously. Only George really understood my concern....and obviously some of you. Apparently someone cut a scene by two pages but, apart from thinking 'oh are we there already...good!' I didn't notice.... and that's bad. There are so many pages of declaiming, which I'm nor in and it might even have improved the play to cut a couple!

I have been trying to put a photo of a rainbow over the calm sea on the blog, but with no luck so far. It was a double and reflected in the sea, so almost a triple,.....absolutely beautiful. The light today has been wonderful; the sea looked like opaque glass with a pearl sky arching over it....yes one tends to wax poetical in this environment! I shall miss the sea and the sea sounds so much and views like this seen by just sitting on the balcony at any time of day. We are so lucky!

We lose an hour tonight and looking at the computer time I see that we are going to be 17 hours ahead of Ontario...it is now 24.34

Too late for the actor's nightmare I think....George isn't feeing 100%; what else but post nasal drip, which, despite the hundreds of hours of patient simulation he's done and the fact that he sometimes acts like a wannabe physician, is his diagnosis for everything! anyway he is sound asleep.....I need to be too with such a short night...

1 comment:

Theresa said...

it was indeed a great performance from my point of view, Maggie. Congratulations! - Theresa